After conducting research, identify a real-world case of an organization where unethical IT behavior occurred. Complete the following in your initial discussion post:
- Summarize the case, including what happened, who was involved, and any damages that were incurred.
- As a result of the behavior, what type of IT monitoring software would you recommend to this organization?
- What would be the pros and cons of such monitoring software?
- How would you convince upper management that the monitoring software was needed?
Support your initial discussion post with at least two scholarly references.
You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question and/or your instructor’s response to your posting. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Chapter 14 in Information Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Ocak, S., Köseoglu, M. A., & Yildiz, M. (2020). Business ethics research in healthcare management: A systematic review. International Journal of Healthcare Management, 13(2), 170–176.
- Ortiz, J., Chih, W., & Tsai, F. (2018). Information privacy, consumer alienation, and lurking behavior in social networking sites. Computers in Human Behavior, 80, 143-157.