Option #1: Labor Relations
Though union influence has diminished over the past years, they still are a force in some industries such as domestic auto production and public-sector employment. Therefore, a key factor in understanding human resource management is to effectively create and manage a strategy to develop a positive working relationship with labor unions, both their representatives and their members. Given this background, compose a paper that addresses the following:
· Briefly describe the nature and scope of today’s union and its members, including—among other demographic variables—their average age, educational level, and type of industry/professional.
· Describe the role and function of a union in today’s industrial landscape.
· Craft a five-point plan that a human resource professional should follow/adapt in order to create a positive, conducive, and mutually rewarding relationship between unions and organizations. Be sure to discuss the impediments to this relationship and how one can overcome those impediments.
Your paper should be:
· 5 pages in length, , not including title and reference pages (which are required). Include a formal references page.
· Formatted and cited according to APA.
· Supported by at least three scholarly sources