Tell me the company you will be working on please
This project represents a culmination of what you’ve learned in this class. It is worth 60 possible points. Your project will be about a publicly-traded company that you admire. It does not have to be currently operating. You must gain approval from the instructor for your choice. If you are not sure if a company is public or private, check the link: http://library.uvm.edu/guides/subjectguides/BIZ/publicprivate.php (Links to an external site.)
Your final project will be a paper about that company. The paper should be a minimum of 10 pages in length plus the cover page, typed, and double spaced. One of the pages should be a cover page, which states the title of your project, your name, and the time and day that the class meets. You may insert pictures, clip art, graphics, or charts into your paper, but only if they further illustrate what you’re writing about. Each of the 10 topics below MUST have a SEPARATE page. YOU HAVE TO NOTIFY ME BY THE END OF THE MIDTERM WEEK OF THE COMPANY YOU CHOSE SO I CAN APPROVE IT
Here are the sections you will need to cover in your paper, in the following order:
- What is the name and mission statement of the company? How long has it been in business? What is the line of business? Who are the competitors?
- What is the history of the company up through the present day? (Summarize major events and tell how those major events affected the company. A timeline may be a great way to show major events).
- Write about at least 1 example that shows what you consider to be a good ethical decision this company has made in the past or is in the process of making/considering today. Make sure to tell why they made this decision (What prompted them to make it? What do they hope to achieve by making it? Etc). Also, make sure to tell why you consider this a good ethical decision.
- Write about at least 1 example that shows what you consider to be a poor ethical decision this company made in the past or is in the process of making/considering today. Make sure to tell why they made this decision (What prompted them to make it? What do they hope to achieve by making it? Etc). Also, make sure to tell why you consider this a poor ethical decision.
- Write about their marketing and distribution strategies. Please provide examples to support your statements.
- Write about their operations. Again, provide examples to support your statements.
- Write about the good and/or bad effects that the current recession has had on the company. Provide examples.
- Include at least one of the following financial statements: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cashflow Statement (or budget). Make sure these statements are no older than 5 years.
- Write a summary paragraph for your paper to wrap it up at the end.
- Provide a bibliography in MLA format listing all the references you used (websites included) in this paper. If you are unfamiliar with MLA format, please look at the examples on this website:
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/24/ (Links to an external site.)
YOUR PAPER MUST BE IN A WORD DOC OR PDF FORMAT. NO OTHER FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.