Be sure to download the companion resources using the link provided in the reading assignments.
Imagine that you are currently enrolled in three CTU classes: UNIV104, IT254, and MATH102. In this project, you will create a spreadsheet averaging the list of CTU classes that you are currently enrolled in.
- You will begin by opining the spreadsheet IT254_week1IP_GradeAverage containing your grade percentages for each assignment in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Additionally, you will create a formula to summarize the total average for each class you are currently taking and each assignment.
- Finally, you will format your spreadsheet to make it visually appealing.
Part 1: Opening the Spreadsheet
- Open the Excel workbook titled IT254_week1IP_GradeAverage and save the worksheet as “FirstInital_LastName_GradeAverage.xlsx.”
Part 2: Entering Data and Formulas Into the Spreadsheet
- On the Grade Average worksheet, select G7 and type “Average.” Use a formula to generate the average of the contents in Cells B8:F8 in cell G8. Use the fill handle to populate your results through G10.
- The syntax for the Excel Average function is the following: AVERAGE(argument1, [argument2],…).
- Arguments can be numbers, named ranges, cell references that contain numbers, or arrays.
- Select Cell A12, and enter “Class Average.” Use a formula to generate the average of IP Assignment 1 in cell B12. Use the fill across handle to populate your results of averaging the other assignments to F12.
- On the Class Average worksheet, apply the Number format with zero decimal points to the range B12:F12.
- On the Class Average worksheet, change the page setup options so that the data is centered horizontally on the page.
- On the Class Average worksheet, create a header that will display your name in the center section of the header area. To preview your Class Average worksheet, click Print Preview. Return to Normal view to continue working on the document.
- On the Class Average worksheet, create a footer that will display the Instructor’s name in the center section.
- Save the workbook. Close the workbook, and then exit Excel. Submit your Excel spreadsheet.