Identify a controversial topic related to diverse cultures and communities currently affecting K-12 education, such as body image, citizenship status, plastic/cosmetic surgery for teenagers, bathrooms for transgender students, ethnic curriculum/classes, religious clothing, prayer in schools, or other topics that involve at least one cultural identifier. In 500-750 words, begin brainstorming on your topic and address the following prompts:
· Describe the cultural identifier and why you chose it. Explain your connection to your choice of cultural identifier and the role of social justice in regard to your topic.
· Summarize the key historical events that have significantly affected your specific cultural identifier.
· Summarize the topic in context of K-12 education, including the related cultural identifier and any associated controversies.
· Identify current opinions for the controversial argument, including at least one supporting and one opposing.
· Describe how this controversial issue could affect your future teaching practices and how it could affect your future students.
· Summarize related policies or methods that have been implemented in schools as a solution to the controversial issue.
Begin conducting research to support your opinion on the controversial issue. Collect a minimum of three scholarly resources from the last three years to support your rough draft due in Topic 4. Submit a 50-150 word summary for each of the three articles, including how the articles apply to your chosen topic.