1. Use quality improvement tools and practices for continuous improvement to achieve the organizational change and transformation.
2. Develop analytical skills of identifying pitfalls, or quality concerns through assimilated and strategic planning.
•Instructions to search the article (Case study):
Via your student services page, log in to the Saudi Digital Library. After your login with your student ID, search for the following article:
CASE STUDY. Solutions in practice by Chasatie Whitley, Casey Fleckenstein, Lorraine Smith, Hershel Kessler and Casey Bedgood
The article discusses the application of DMAIC in Monroe County Hospital – Forsyth, Georgia, to improve specified service aspects, and provide high quality health services to the citizens of Monroe.
Read the article ( case study ) , and answer the following questions:
1. In your own words, describe the main stages performed to improve the Monroe County hospital (emergency department – wait time) to enhance the overall performance. ( 150 – 200 words ) ( 3.5 marks )
2. Based on the project objectives, discusses the significance of linking the operational improvements with the business`s long term strategies. ( 100 – 150 words ) ( 3.5 marks )
3. To which do you agree with the author indication that “Leaders must measure, track and know their organization’s numbers”. Explain. ( 150- 200 words ) ( 3 marks )