Week 4 ProjectAssignment Due February 8 at 11:59 PM
ONC and Healthcare IT Legislation
The Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health Information Technology (HIT) is leading the Health IT efforts with the support of other U.S. Health Government Agencies.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research the ONC and Healthcare IT Legislation. Based on your research, create a 4- to 6-page Microsoft Word document that includes the following:
- Describe and explain the background of ONC and Healthcare IT Legislation.
- Compare and contrast the main Healthcare IT Legislation policies of The Affordable Care Act, Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
- Evaluate the advantage and disadvantages of reimbursement for health professionals.
- Assess the current and future status issues associated with the financial incentives for implementing technology. Specifically, Adoption of Certified EHR Systems, Medicare Reimbursement, and Meaningful Use (MU) of EHR.
- Support your presentation with appropriate research, reasoning, and examples. Cite any sources in APA format.
- Submit your report titled SU_PHE3070_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your report to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.