1st Part – Narrowing research questions
Revise the below research questions, explain how you approached revising your research questions (one to two sentences explaining how you approached revising the questions)
1. With the development of the Atomic Bomb, did Scientist consider any ethical guidance in regards of how the knowledge behind the atomic bomb could destroy the world?
2. Once the Atomic Bomb had dropped, there had to some surviving civilians who had some difficulties with their health. What was the results, cost and procedure in the follow-up care in regards of the aftermath from the dropping of the atomic bomb?
2nd Part – comparing primary sources and analyzing secondary sources
(This needs to be 2 paragraphs)
Describe what the below Primary sources add to your understanding of your selected topic “Scientific and Technological Advances” and how they relate to the secondary sources you listed.
Additionally, describe the historical context of your historical event based on what you have read in your secondary sources.
Consider the below questions to assist you in developing your description:
1. What was going on in the world/area/society around the event?
2. What were some of the biggest political, social, intellectual, diplomatic, and/or economic trends of this era?
3. How did those greater political, social, intellectual, diplomatic, and/or economic trends cause or affect your topic?
The Associated Press. (1945, Aug. 6–14). AP was there: US drops atomic bombs on Japan in 1945. Retrieved from http://bigstory.ap.org/urn%3Apublicid%3Aap.org%3A3fd267ba7b3c40479382189c99172d61
Truman, H. (1945, Aug. 6). Press release by the White House, August 6, 1945. Harry S. Truman Library and Museum. Retrieved from http://www.trumanlibrary.org/whistlestop/study_collections/bomb/large/documents/index.php?documentdate=1945-08- 06&documentid=59&pagenumber=1
Frisch, D. H. (1970). Scientists and the decision to bomb Japan. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 26(6), 107–115. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.snhu.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=cookie,ip,url,cpid&custid=shapiro&d b=ahl&AN=21569493&site=ehost-live&scope=site
Reynolds, M. L., & Lynch, F. X. (1955). Atomic bomb injuries among survivors in Hiroshima. Public Health Reports, 70(3), 261–270. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.snhu.edu/login?url=http://www.jstor.org/stable/4589041