Option 3: The Abolitionist Movement
Read the following primary source:
Then, address the following:
- Assess if abolitionists were responsible reformers or irresponsible agitators?
- Explain how abolitionists upheld the Declaration of Independence as the foundation of antislavery and abolitionist thought.
- Assess the effect of the Gag Rule on the Abolitionist Movement.
- Analyze how the women’s rights movement would gain momentum from the antislavery movement.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 2-3 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page
- In-text citations that correspond with your end references