Strategic planning is a task all leaders must perform. It is often easier to see what others have done to draw on their experience. This assignment will allow you to review three plans that you have researched.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Use the template titled “K-12StrategicPlanComparisonMatrix.”
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Complete the “K-12 Strategic Plan Matrix.”
Compare three K-12 strategic plans. In your comparison, refer to the following categories:
- Mission, vision, and goals
- Internal and external stakeholders
- Professional development
Write a synthesis (1,000-1,250 words) of your matrix findings. Include the following:
- How were the internal and external stakeholder relationships considered in the plans?
- What are the most significant elements of governance and structure that were evident in all of the plans?
- How do these plans support continuous school improvement and sustainable change? (Benchmarks C7.5: Analyze the development of a comprehensive learning plan for K-12 education that supports continuous school improvement and sustainable change.)
- How will the knowledge gathered in this assignment be used in your future?