Please read the materials and complete the activities for Module 4.02. You will need to understand how to identify and analyze texts with conflicting points of view.
Answer the following questions in COMPLETE SENTECES. Be aware of spelling, punctuation, capitalization and grammar.
WRITE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, DO NOT COPY AND PASTE ANYTHING.
1. What is the purpose for authors using text to express their opinions?
2. What does the text mean by the term “sound reasoning”? Can you give some examples?
3. How does the Text Comparison Chart keep information from different texts organized?
4. Why is it necessary to understand the evidence provided by authors to understand their point of view?
5. What would be the best way to read and annotate a text when preparing analysis?