Review Case Study 2.1 in your textbook on pp.50–51, and address the questions that are provided below. In essay format, provide a complete and detailed response to each question. You are required to use your textbook as source material for your essay. Each of the responses should be compiled into a document that consists of at least two pages. Your essay should address the following questions:
- What differences do you see in the marketing approach used for the Regional Medical Center (RMC) as opposed to traditional business marketing approaches?
- What are some barriers that healthcare marketing professionals would have to work around when creating marketing materials for RMC?
- What information did RMC need to gather about the target population before it could establish its program?
- Which of the key marketing functions and techniques discussed in the unit and your textbook reading do you see utilized by RMC in this case study?
- Why was it important for RMC to use marketing approaches and techniques to launch its program?