Group Behavior Case Study
You learned that group behavior can influence human behavior and society as a whole. You will now have an opportunity to apply your understanding of the dimensions and theoretical perspectives that influence human behavior and identify services that promote healthy functioning. In this assignment, you will generate a case study on group behavior that resulted in a negative outcome. You will then create a report applying two behavioral theories and provide recommendations for effective behavioral strategies or other services.
In an 8- to 10-page paper:
- Describe a case example of group behavior that resulted in a negative outcome (for example, hazing or bullying) in a community or social service setting. Explain the rationale for selecting this group and setting.
- Identify a minimum of two behavior models and theories that apply to the example and highlight the manner in which the setting influences the behavioral outcomes. Justify your chosen models and theories.
- Recommend specific effective behavioral strategies and services that can improve healthy functioning of the group.
- By the due date assigned, prepare an 8- to 10-page analysis paper. Your response should rely upon at least three sources from professional literature. This may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Save your paper in a Microsoft Word document with the name M5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc, and upload it to the Submissions Area.
This RA 2 is worth 300 points and will be graded according to the following rubric.