An effective nurse educator has current, researched knowledge of teaching strategies to use in the educational setting. Effective teaching strategies allow students to collaborate with peers and participate in higher order thinking.
The purpose of this assignment is to compile an annotated bibliography of teaching strategies within your practicum setting.
Provide a 10-entry annotated bibliography of peer-reviewed/scholarly literature related to your chosen practicum topic and appropriate teaching strategies. Include a 150-word summary for each resource that includes the following:
1. Description of the teaching strategy and its application to your practicum topic.
2. Description of the relevancy and accuracy of the source.
3. Description of the quality of the source.
Staff Educator’s Guide to Clinical Orientation- Onboarding Solutions for Nurses- This is a book
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
My practicum Topic review current process of NURSING ORIENTATION and recommend a new program
1. Review the existing nursing orientation program for the first three weeks (5/4/2021) and identify which content to use
2. I will choose teaching strategies such as lecture and demonstration to the newly hires nurses by 5/30/2021
4. Develop and recommend the new orientation program for implementation at the end of the practicum